Fish and Wildlife Service
- Weekly Wrap-up: April 21 - April 27, 2017
- Check out our best stories from around the web and social media. This week features turtle crossings, pileated pairs, baby raccoons and more!
- Weekly Wrap-up: April 14 - April 20, 2017
- Check out our best stories from around the web and social media. This week features baby bison, grassland shorebirds, natural pest control and more!
- Clamping down on illegal grass carp sales in Indiana
- Thanks to the proactive work of state and federal law enforcement professionals, an Arkansas-based live fish distributor is no longer illegally transporting and selling nonnative grass carp in Indiana.
- Reward offered in bald eagle case
- We are working to close a case involving the shooting of an American bald eagle in Indiana and we need your help. We are seeking information regarding an eagle that was found shot and left for dead in northwest Boone County in March.
- Kelley Myers heads up Eastern Tallgrass Prairie and Big Rivers Landscape Conservation Cooperative
- Kelley Myers, formerly with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, is the new coordinator for the Eastern Tallgrass Prairie Big Rivers Landscape Conservation Cooperative. Kelley’s appointment by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Midwest Regional Director Tom Melius follows the retirement of former coordinator Glen Salmon, who retired in November 2016. While with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, Kelley served as Conservation Recreation Division Administrator, overseeing fish and wildlife, state parks, forestry, land and water trail, real property acquisition, facility improvement and conservation law enforcement programs for the state of Iowa.